Parker Hannifin’s Tube Fittings Div., Columbus, has developed a line of screen fittings to protect hydraulic and pneumatic components from damage due to contamination. The fittings — which provide an added safeguard to a typical filtration system — retain particles from 65 to 480 ∝m.
They are available in standard sizes -4 through -12 for use with Triple-Lok 37° flare and Seal-Lok O-ring face seal fittings in any configuration.
Ideal applications include:
• Gauge and instrumentation protection
• Shielding of hydraulic components such as pump compensator controls, load-sensing controls, proportional valves, and relief valves
• Prevention of precision orifice clogging
• Protecting components in test bench circuits from particle contamination
• Reducing “attachment” induced contamination that damages hydraulic and pneumatic tools and attachments