The new app calculates O-Ring dimensions and tolerances and recommends sizes and Trelleborg Sealing Solutions part numbers. Key features include:
- Enter the bore or rod/shaft diameter and receive an O-Ring recommendation and O-Ring housing calculation according to the recommendations of ISO 3601
- Search the selection of O-Ring nominal sizes according to the following standards: ISO 3601; JIS B 2401 (Japan); SMS 1586 (Sweden)
- Calculate O-Ring tolerances according to ISO 3601-1 Class B
- Switch between metric measurements and inches
- Determine which materials are compatible with the media used in your application
- Search Trelleborg Sealing Solutions films
The new app is the third in a series, including “ISO Fits & Tolerances” and “Unit and Hardness Converter” apps. All are available in English and German free from iTunes or via the Apple App Store on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
The updated configurator allows engineers to identify sealing solutions for their specific applications. It is now available in metric and inch versions and in both English and German.
Users can configure the solutions for their applications and store them in a project area. Any stored project can be opened and reworked afterwards.
Questions are answered by technical experts in the user’s local Trelleborg Sealing Solutions marketing company. The configurator facilitates easy discussion as all parameters are visible to both the customer and the Trelleborg Sealing Solutions technical expert online.