1. Most hydraulic circuits are designed by:
- mechanical engineers.
- fluid power engineers.
- fluid power distributor salesmen.
2. Atmospheric pressure at sea level is equal to approximately:
- 14.7 Hg
- 14.7 psi
- 30 psi
3. Gauges that read pounds per square inch absolute (psia):
- show atmospheric pressure on their scales.
- do not show atmospheric pressure on their scales.
- have nothing to do with atmospheric pressure.
4. Static head pressure of hydraulic oil is equal to approximately:
- .1 psi per foot of elevation.
- .2 psi per foot of elevation.
- .4 psi per foot of elevation.
5. The power of vacuum comes from:
- the power of a pump.
- earth's atmosphere.
- the size of a pump.
6. Vacuum generators use:
- compressed air to create a vacuum.
- an electric motor to create vacuum.
- an air motor to create vacuum.
7. Pascal's Law states that pressure is produced by the pump and motor of a hydraulic system.
8. Pressure in a fluid power system comes from:
- resistance to flow.
- motor horsepower.
- pump volume.
9. A pressure gauge reading of 100 bar would be equivalent to:
- 2940 psi
- 1070 psi
- 1450 psi
10. When a gas or liquid is heated it will:
- stay the same.