1. Which type of threads is recommended for plumbing hydraulic circuits?
- SAE straight threads
- NPT tapered pipe threads
- BSP tapered pipe threads
2. What is the minimum size pipe to handle 400-cfm air flow for 500 feet?
- 4 in.
- 5 in.
- 6 in.
3. What is the recommended fluid velocity for a suction line?
- 2 to 4 fps
- 10 to 15 fps
- 30 fps
4. A grid system for plant air piping requires:
- several small compressors
- several large compressors
- one adequately sized compressor
5. For hydraulic lines up to and including 2 in., use:
- steel tubing
- black-iron pipe
- plastic pipe
6. Always take drop lines in an air piping circuit from the:
- bottom of the header
- side of the header
- top of the header
7. Elbows are better than smooth tubing bends.
8. The pipes in an air plumbing system should be:
- sloped away from the receiver tank
- sloped toward the receiver tank
9. Hose size is designated by its:
10. Velocity in hydraulic circuit return lines should be:
- 2 to 4 fps.
- 10 to 15 fps.
- 15 to 20 fps.