DVC software was recently introduced by Atos SpA, Sesto Calende, Italy, for fast and efficient design of ISO standard hydraulic cylinders. Selection and sizing calculation features provide step-by-step guidance to help users identify the best cylinder for each application. Three dimensional modelling capability provides support for mechanical design of systems by allowing users to include the 3-D model into the overall drawing.
The software’s main features include:
• 2-D cylinder display with basic installation dimensions and export capability as a DXF file.
• 3-D cylinder display with positioning of the rod stroke that can be exported in IGES, SAT and STEP format,
• calculation of applied forces, check of buckling loads, cushioning, and cylinder service life,
• technical documentation and spare parts tables for the selected cylinder or attachment, and
• generation of bill of materials.
DVC software is available in DVD format in four selectable languages: English, Italian, French, and German. It encompasses ISO standard cylinders provided by Atos:
• ISO 6020-2 square head, tierod cylinders rated for pressure to 250 bar,
• ISO 6020-1 round head cylinders with counterflanges rated for 250 bar,
• ISO 6020-3 big bore cylinders with counterflanges rated for 250 bar,
• ISO 6022 round head cylinders with counterflanges rated for 320 bar,
• ISO 6020-2 square head servocylinders rated for pressure to 250 bar,
• ISO 6020-2 cylinders for potentially explosive atmospheres to ATEX directive 94/9/CE and rated to 250 bar,
• ISO 6020-2 cylinders with adjustable proximity sensors rated to 150 bar,
• Attachments for ISO 6982, ISO 8132, and ISO 8133 cylinders.