The 60th Annual Hannover Fair will be held in Hannover, Germany from April 16 to 20. This industrial technology showcase focuses on leading-edge technology, materials, and product ideas. The fair features 12 international trade shows. More than 6,000 exhibitors will display their technology and products in more than 200,000 m2 of display space. At least 200,000 visitors are expected to attend the weeklong event. Turkey is the 2007 partner country for the event.
The 12 trade fairs include:
- MDA - Motion, Drive & Automation, for power transmission and control
- ComVac, for compressed air and vacuum technology
- Factory Automation, for production automation
- Research & Technology, for research and development
- MicroTechnology, for applied microsystems technology and nanotechnology
- SurfaceTechnology plus PCE, for surface technology
- Digital Factory, for integrated processes and IT solutions
- Pipeline Technology, for pipeline technologies and systems
- Industrial Building Automation, for integrated industrial and building automation systems
- INTERKAMA, for process automation
- Subcontracting, for subcontracting services, materials, components, and systems for mechanical engineering, the automotive industry, and plant engineering
- Energy, for renewable and conventional power generation, transmission, distribution, and utility management
Motion, Drive and Automation, which takes place every two years, highlights fluid power, electric, and mechanical power transmission in a display that embraces every aspect of industrial automation. ComVac showcases the related fields of compressed air and vacuum technology.
The show includes special events, presentations, themed displays, symposia, congresses, and talks by experts that take place within the individual flagship events and major trade fairs.
More than 1000 discussion and information forums, conventions, themed joint presentations, special displays, and lectures will be offered.
For the 2007 show the organizers have introduced special themed display zones within the individual trade fairs as an added convenience for visitors.
According to Sepp D. Heckman, chairman of the managing board of Deutsche Messe, the issues that shaped the agenda at this year's fair were the national and global debate about rising energy consumption, energy efficiency, the pros and cons of relocating production abroad, and safeguards against product piracy in business.
For more information, visit hannovermesse.de, hf-usa.com, or call (562) 901-9191.