NFPA's 2006 Economic Out-look Conference (EOC) will be held August 24 and 25 at the Marriott Lincolnshire Resort in Lincolnshire, Ill.
Featured speakers include Dr. Marci Rossell, former chief economist for CNBC, and special presenter Charles Cook, editor and publisher of The Cook Political Report and a political analyst for the National Journal Group.
Rossell will give a macroeconomic forecast while Cook will present timely information about the current political climate, the possible impact of the fall elections, and what they could mean for the economy.
The following topics will be presented:
- How Technology Changes are Driving the Automotive Market by Brett Smith, Center for Automotive Research
- Independent Distribution in a Smaller World by Tom Gale, Modern Distribution Management
- Material Handling Equipment Manufacturing Forecast by F. Hal Vandiver, Material Handling Industry of America
- Construction and Agricultural Machinery Forecast by Chuck Yengst, Yengst Associates Inc.
- Forecasting 101 Networking Breakfast and International Market Forecast by Alan Beaulieu, Institute for Trend Research
- End Use Markets Forecast Overview by Eli Lustgarten, ESL Consultants Inc.
- Fluid Power Market Forecast by Jim Meil, Eaton Corp.
- Steel/Oil Supply, Demand and Pricing Overview by Tom Danjczek, Steel Manufacturers Association and Rick Mattoon, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
The registration fee is $595 for members and their invited guests or $900 for non-members before July 10. After July 10, fees will be $695 for members and invited guests and $1000 for non-members.