- This webinar is now available On-Demand.
- Please complete the registration.
Date & Time
- On-Demand Webinar
Geroler® Motors, Eaton
Todd Degler, product manager for Geroler Motors and Gear products, started his career with Eaton in 2007 in the low-speed, high torque (LSHT) motors engineering group. Todd held design responsibility for Eaton’s Char-Lynn Spool, Disc, and VIS product lines and supported the launch of Eaton's high pressure HP30 motor. With his strong technical knowledge, he transitioned to product management after receiving his MBA at University of St. Thomas in 2012. Todd lives and operates a family farm in Chaska, MN and loves to share his passion for Eaton’s Char-Lynn product line.
The compact track loader (CTL) market has been growing fast thanks to its versatility and performance. As these machines move towards higher speeds and horsepower, which motor design reigns superior? When CTLs first appeared in the market, equipment manufacturers were forced to select from existing track motors, which weren’t optimized for the machine and resulted in compromises. Even with innovations in both direct drive and two-stage motors, no motor technology emerged as superior – until now. In this webinar, attendees will learn about advancements in direct-drive motor technology and how this has enabled direct-drive motors to be used in CTLs, producing smarter, more efficient machine designs for today and the future.
What You Will Learn:
- Gain a better understanding of the three critical factors that affect motor design
- Compare the benefits and limitations of direct-drive and two-stage motors in CTLs
- Understand how Eaton’s new HP50 Geroler® motor addresses the issues operators experience with their current motor