Chevon Products Co. announced the debut of three new hydraulic fluids at MINExpo today.
Clarity Synthetic AW and Rando HDZ and HD Premium MV hydraulic oils offer multi viscosity or high viscosity index (VI) formulations for fuel savings and productivity increases. They feature high oxidation and shear stability to protect hydraulic pumps.
Clarity fluids are offered in ISO VIs of 32, 46, 68, and are 25% more productive than monogrades. They operate well in low temperatures and environmentally sensitive areas, for mobile and stationary vane-, piston-, and gear-type pumps. The oil has a high viscosity index to improve hydraulic response time and increase operating temperature range. In field trials, Clarity Synthetic Hydraulic Oil AW has proven to reduce fuel consumption by improving overall hydraulic pump efficiency by up to 8%. By improving pump efficiency, it also showed a potential gain of 5-25 percent increased productivity depending on usage environment.
Rando HDZ and MV offer a 5% improvement in pump efficiency compared to monogrades. HDZ antiwear oils have ISO 15, 22, 32, 46, 68, 100 VI and are made with premium base oil technology to protect pumps against wear, rust and corrosion. They are recommended for hydraulic or circulating oil systems, including marine on-deck machinery, hydraulic actuated loading bins, or equipment that require a wider operating temperature as compared to a single viscosity grade oil. Multiviscosity of MV oils promotes even and continuous power transmission over a wide temperature range with a minimum of shudder.
Benefits of Clarity Synthetic Hydraulic Oil AW also include:
• Ashless formulation provides high wear protection, rust and corrosion protection, hydrolytic stability, water separability, foam inhibition and filterability
• Ability of the synthetic base stock to withstand oxidation at high operating temperatures results in maximum service life for the oil
• Minimum change in viscosity over wide operating temperatures due to high viscosity index provides wear protection at startup
• Very high VI fluid improves hydraulic response time, increases operating temperature range and provides up to 8 percent improvement in overall hydraulic pump efficiency
• Specifically developed to ensure good fluidity in temperatures as low as -40°C(-40°F) for ISO 32 grade, and -30°C(-22°F) for ISO 46 and 68 grades
• Meets the requirements for Eaton Vickers 35VQ25A, M-2950-S, I-286 S and other key OEM specifications
Benefits of Rando HDZ (ISO 15, 22, 32, 46, 68, 100) and Rando HD Premium Oil MV include:
• Long service life in high pressure service (ISO 32, 46, 68), thus giving high oxidation stability
• Protects against corrosion of both copper and steel. Passes the ASTM D665A distilled water rust test and ASTM D665B salt water rust test
• Minimum change in viscosity over a wide range of operating temperatures
• Contains special foam suppressant
• Provides high wear protection
• Is stable in the presence of water in the ASTM D2619 Hydrolytic Stability Test
• Protects against rust problems by fast release of water
• Thermal and hydrolytic stability helps prevent formation of deposits which may interfere with filtration in equipment having close tolerances
Rando HDZ oils are approved for:
• Parker Hannifin (Denison) HF0, HF1, HF2, using T6H20C pump (ISO 32, 46, 68)
• Eaton-Vickers I-286-S, M-2950-S, 35VQ25A (ISO 32, 46, 68)
• MAG Cincinnati, Cincinnati Machine P 68 (ISO 32), P 70 (ISO 46), P 69 (ISO 68)
For more information, contact Chevron Products Co. at (800) 582-3835, or download the data sheets at bit.ly/hp1012chevron